- Could really, fear win this election?
- Centre- right voters, his main target group, are angry that he failed on his promise to ‘negotiate’ a more balanced implementation on of the reform programme agreed withGreece’s lenders.
- Furthermore, less privileged and middle class Greeks feel strangled by what they deem to be unequal and excessive taxation; which only serves to enable the Prime Minster to present primary surpluses to the Troika. In addition,a stubbornly high unemployment rate (one in four Greeks and one in two young people–is unemployed) has graduallyturned traditional New Democracy voters to other options: the extreme right parties (Independent Greeks and neo-nazi Golden Dawn) or directly to SY.RIZ.A.
- “Theories of information processing indicate that the proportion of negativity yield influences spanning a range of judgments related to candidate construction and voting behavior, yielding effects that are different from the influence of sheer volume”
Therefore, it is crucial to understand the elements of negativity which Stevens states are proportion and volume.
- The Use of Fear Appeals in Political Advertisements An …
- Strategic CommunicationsSNAPSHOT CRITICAL THINKING AT THE CRITICAL TIME™